Wednesday, January 30, 2013

RCSC is Broke Loooo

Now the January month is about to end. This means it is time for me to receive my stipend which is long over due. Honestly by now I should have gotten the amount. Sufficient or insufficient, that amount will be my life  line for the next six months. But with the news of RCSC gone broke temporarily, there is no sign I am going to get the money any time soon.  So RCSC is broke and so am I.

By the way its very meager amount. I know there must be people who would  flaunt that much for a girl overnight or for a breakfast at one go!! But for an ordinary man like me, its like a life blood. Believe me, I have already made so many plans. I wanted to buy those books that are in my wishlist. I also have plan to attend a literature festival somewhere in Jaipur.

I wanted to travel to Rajasthan and meet His Holiness The Dalai Lama there. I thought I would also listen to the talks of H.E Pavan K Varma, the great diplomat cum writer. I wanted to go to Gir reserve and see the Asian Lions. I even thought of going to visit the Royal palace in Rajasthan. Besides I also wanted to treat my non veg friends with chicken curry and veg friends with cheese momo. But for now its all nothing but a another wishlist.

Its difficult.  But I think I can handle such shocks. Perhaps I am used to being broke most of my life. Being broke has become my way of life. I think I am happy this way. For now I have to settle my sight seeings in Gujarat University campus. And I tell you its all the more fascinating place. Its altogether a very beautiful place. No doubt about it. Some people call it the Oxford of Gujarat. well, lets keep this topic for another post.

By the way I call my university campus as the biodiversity hot spot. Every day is a new experience here. I get to see Indian cows that are way bigger then the bulls we have in Bhutan. Initially, I was amazed to see cows with horns bigger than their head. I see goats too. By looking at the size of their breast and nipples, I can make out that they can defeat average Bhutanese jersey cows in terms of milk production. Then there are buffaloes. A lot of them i must say. They look lazy and dirty but they are more adorable animals than some of the cows I have seen in the town. I think they deserve equal treatment like cows from their Hindu owners. Last but not the least, I have dogs in my surrounding. They do not bark but cry and howl!! And I hate them.

But there are few things that worries me a bit at times. Usually in the evenings and nights hours, the loudness of the music in  a near by town makes me think that I might soon require an additional ear drum. And looking at the air pollution in a distant horizon, it makes me also wonder that very soon I might also need another lungs too. Apart from that, life is fun even without stipend. Seriously I will not have to sell my kidney or any other organs to sustain me.

RCSC I fully understand your predicament. I mean it. Send me the money when u have it.  By the way, can someone tell me how many people are there in Bhutan who do not go broke. I am just wondering!!

1 comments:

  1. lets me say sumthing here kuenzang thinley respecting your feelings of being broke ...... no men are satisfied of even having arabs in their banks ...... so i think being broke sumtyms is a wonderful feeling and at least wud help us create or intrigue a feeling of why not start saving ..........no matter how meagre an amount may be ... at least it wud help us serve gud when we really need it ............................... ny ways m totally carried away of how beautifully u pour down ur feelings honestly .............. keep writing and start saving u wud never find urself in doldrums then ......take care

    ReplyDelete

I write on These Topics

105th National Day (2) 2012 (2) 2013 (1) 2014 (1) Academic (5) ACC (2) Accident (3) ADB (1) Ahmedabad Experience (15) Alto (1) Animal Well-being (2) Animals (4) Anonymous (1) Archery (1) Architecture (3) Argentina (1) Arrogant (1) Art (5) Asset (1) audicity of opinion (1) Autowalla (2) awards (1) baby sitting (1) BAFRA (1) Ban (1) Bangkok (1) Bank of Bhutan (2) Being Broke (1) Belief (1) Bhutan (78) Bhutan Airlines (1) Bhutanomics (1) Birthday (9) Birthday Wishes for my King (3) Birthday. (1) BJP (1) Blessed rainy day (1) Blog (3) Blog Award (1) Blog Award. Bhutan (1) Bloggers (4) Bolg Award (1) Bonzai (1) Book (11) Boudha temple (1) Brazil 2014 (2) Buddhism (18) Buffalo (1) Bushra Shanan (1) Car (2) Change (1) Changkor (1) Chetan Bhagat (1) Chief Election Commissioner of Bhutan (1) Child development (1) China (6) Choku (2) CITES (2) Civil Servants (2) cold (2) College (1) Comment (1) common sense (1) Community (1) Conservation (2) Constitution of the Kingdom of Bhutan (1) contemplation (1) Cordycepts (2) corporal Punishment (1) Corruption (1) Court case (8) cricket (1) Cricket World cup (1) crime (5) Culture (14) culture properties. (3) Customs (10) Dance (1) Dasho Kunzang Wangdi (1) DCT (2) DDC (1) Dechen Wangmo (1) Democracy (4) Department of Revenue and Customs (5) Depression (1) Development (2) Dictator (1) Diplomatic Relationship (1) Disaster (1) Diwali (4) DNT (1) Doctors (1) dog (1) Doomsday 2012 (1) DPT (3) Dr. Karma Phuntsho (1) Dr. Richard Teo (1) DRC (4) Dream (2) Drugs (1) Dungsey Rimpoche (1) Dylan Thomas (1) Dzongkha Song (6) Earth hour (1) East (1) Ecology (1) Economics (17) Economist (1) Economy (2) Education (10) Election (10) Election 2013 (5) Election Commission of Bhutan (1) Election2013 (1) End of the world (1) Enforcement (3) Eric Weiner (1) Essay Games and Sports (1) Exams (9) Extra Marital case (1) Eyelid Twitching (1) Eyes (1) Facebook (6) Family (6) Farewell (1) FIFA (1) Fire disaster (2) Flowers (5) Flu (1) Folk tale (1) Food (2) Football (3) Foreign Policy (3) Fourth King (4) Freedom (3) Freedom at midnight (1) friend (2) Friendship (2) Fun (1) fundamental right (1) Games (2) Gandinagar (1) Gangnam Style (1) Germany (1) global warming (1) GNH (8) Golf Course in Shingkhar (4) Government (7) Great Britain (1) Guest Post (2) Guest Post. Extra Marital Affairs. (1) Gujarat (35) Gujarat University (9) Guns in Bhutan (1) Guru Rimpoche (1) H. L. V. Derozio's (1) H.H Dalai Lama (2) Hamas (1) Happiness (13) Happy new year (5) High land (1) His Majesty (5) History (4) Hobby (1) Hollywood (1) Home (6) Humbleness (1) humility (1) Humming bird (1) humor (2) I am Malala (1) I too had a love story (1) Iceland (1) Icon Shoe (1) IELTS (1) India (35) Indo-Bhutan Friendship (1) Infatuation (1) Information (1) Inspiration (2) International Happiness day (1) International Health Regulation (1) International Poetry day (1) International water day (1) International Women's day (1) interview (2) Israel (1) Jangsa Animal Saving Trust (2) Japan (5) Jaswant Singh (1) JDWNR Hospital (8) Jigme Y. Thinley (1) job (1) John Keats (1) jokes (2) Joseon Dynasty (1) Justice (2) Kankaria lake (1) Katmandu (1) Kidu (1) Kings of Bhutan (2) Kongfu Panda (2) Kuensel (3) Lal Darwaza (1) laughter (2) Law (5) Lemjakha (2) lessons (1) Letter (1) letter to MP (2) Letter. (1) Life (4) Loan (1) Local Healers (3) Lomba (1) Longchen Rabjam (9) Losar (2) love (8) Lunar Eclipse (2) Lyonpo Ugyen Tshering (1) Mail (1) Malaysia (5) Married to Bhutan (1) Mathematics (1) Media (1) mediocrity (1) merry X-mas. (2) MH370 (1) middle class people (1) middle class people. My life (1) Ministry of Finance. Paro Airport (1) Minzuk Lhamo (2) Misfortune (2) MoE (1) MoF (1) Moldova (1) Money Plant (1) Monk hood (1) Monks (1) morales (2) Mother's Day (2) Movie (5) MPs (1) Music (3) my ATM card. (1) my blog (4) My Boss (4) my camera (2) my country (1) My daughters (14) My family (7) My father (9) My Friend (2) My job (6) My King (2) My King and Queen (4) My Life (76) My mother (4) My passport (1) My Phone (1) My Promises (1) My sister (3) my sun glass (1) My Teachers (2) My Wife (4) Narendra Modi (4) NASA (1) National anthem (1) National Assembly (1) National Council (1) National Day (1) Nature (1) Nelson mandela (1) Nepal (3) news (1) Nissam Ezekil (1) Nomads (1) Norbu the Cat (1) Opposition (1) Our Queen (1) Pakistan (1) Palace (1) Palestine (1) Parliament (2) Paro (4) Paro Airport (6) Passu (2) Pay Revision (4) PDP (2) Pedestrian day (1) People (3) Photography (34) Poetry (12) Police (2) Politics (15) Pollution (1) Prado (1) Prediction (1) Primary round (1) Prime Minister of Bhutan (6) Prime Minister of India (1) Private Sector (1) Prostitution (1) psychology (2) Public Debt (1) Punakha (2) Punishment (1) Qatar (1) Queen of Bhutan (1) Quota (1) RAA (1) Rabindranath Tagore (1) Rabney (2) Rajnikant (1) Random Thoughts (36) Rape (1) Raven Magazine (1) RCSC (3) reflection (1) Refugee Problem (1) Religion (4) Republic day of India (1) Research (2) Result (5) Retention wall (1) RILO AP (2) Road (1) Road Development (1) Road safety (1) Robert Frost (1) ROCB (1) Royal Wedding (4) RRCO. Paro (2) Rule of Law (1) Rumors (1) Rupee Crunch (3) samrtphones (1) scholarships (3) School (1) Security (2) Seminar (3) Seoul (3) shapes (2) Sherubtse (3) Shingkhar (33) Shopping (1) Sikkim (1) SIM card (1) Singapore (1) Smile (1) Snowfall (1) social forestry day (1) Social Media (4) social problems (2) Soelra (1) South Korea (8) Spain (1) Sperm Donation (1) Stipend (2) story (2) Study (2) Suhas Gopinath (1) Superstition (1) Switzerland (1) Talent (2) Tashi Group of Companies (1) Teachers (6) Teachers's Day (2) Team work (1) Tenancy Act (1) Thai Customs (3) Thailand (3) Thank you (2) Thank you note (1) The Nederlands (1) Thimphu (2) Thuksey Rimpoche (1) Tibet (3) Tiger (1) tobacco (1) Tobacco Control Act (3) TOEFL (1) Trade (2) Traditions (4) Training (11) Travel (15) Tsechu (1) Tulip (1) Ugyen Pandy (2) Uniform (1) Ura (2) USA (1) vacation (1) Valentine's Day (1) Walk (1) Wangdi Dzong (2) WCO (4) Wedding (1) Welfare Contribution (1) WHO (1) wild life (1) wildlife (4) William Wordsworth (1) Wisdom (2) Women (3) Woochu (1) World CUP (3) Writer (1) writers (1) Writing (1) Yak (11) Yeshhey (1) Youths (4) Zhabdrung (1) Zoo (1)

© Writing My Own Unwritten Lines, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena