Tuesday, July 30, 2013

What an Eventful Month!


Our historic July month is about to end and here I am closing my blog with just three posts. It saddens me to the core of my heart for not being able to tend to my blog for such a long gap. I really do. 

But what an eventful month it had been.Finally the Election 2013 is gone with the wind and the result are astonishing. Post election is anything but jubilation and lamentation in equal weight. Some say PDP supporters wept for months in 2008, so this time its reasonable to see DPT supporters weeping at least for a week. Bhutanese democracy is unique but the results are bitter. Isn't it?

I don't know whether the ultimate true winner of the race is the people or not but Bhutanese democracy, so unique in nature has sent out a  loud and clear message: 'Dont mess with (raw) graduates'  and 'Not even with contractors' . Because with democratic forces in action, anything is possible. While the former may become a law maker, the latter may become the Minister the next day. The bottom line is; 'respect every beings equally'

what ever is the case, we now have a cabinet headed by our former OL. Forgive me, if I am sounding little rude. I am still not getting used to addressing him as our Lyonchen. So in the middle of confusion I sometimes end up addressing him as Acho Tshere. So I tell my wife that when acho Tshere's government gives us a pay revision, I am going to start my saving culture. But she laughs. 

However on  serious note, when new Prime Minister of Bhutan formally took over his office, I made one genuine plea. I requested him to make sure that the expiry date of Indian subsidy do not coincide with our next election date. With that I offered my heartfelt Tahsi Delek to our new Lyonchen and to all our cabinet ministers, males and female alike. 

Now the election stuffs aside, I have made my second trip to Punakha, a week ago. That time I took my father-in-law and wife along. To my amazement, our otherwise noisy neighbors seemed subdued and meek that time. I don't know why. They are all shopkeepers, small one. But they also sell locally brewed ara and other liquors without license. And people jokingly say that perhaps they now know me as a Customs and Excise official. In return I joke back and said I did't know I am that powerful person. ha ha.

And recently I got my health checked. The result was not so pleasing. I am diagnosed with high Blood pressure. This means I am now in high risk group. So I am going high on health thesedays. I am jogging 3 km every morning and eating mostly veggies. Thanks to my wife and mother-in-law, this year my family is having a bumper harvest. Cucumber and tomatoes. Its 100% organic and its local. We used local manure imported from Punakha. In days to come I will eat organic chillies and corns too.  I have even seen our bringal plant and lattuce plant shooting up. So I have long veggies days to go.

Have a nice day friends



4 comments:

  1. Nice post sir! Hope your high blood pressure don't over rule you. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see your update after a long time as you said, Kuenzang sir. I liked your point about the timing of expiry of subsidy. Keep updating. Hope the new ministers don't get carried away by the power. They must know it is rather the huge responsibility that falls on their shoulder and nothing easier or lesser.
    Keep updating. :) And yeah, it's quite worrying to know that you are having high BP. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you Sangay and Langa for finding time to visit my blog. Thanks also for reading my random thoughts....Hope we have loads of surprises in the Pandora box of PDP...

    as regards to my BP, I am constantly keeping it under check....lot of footballing and basketbaling should certainly bring it down....lets see..

    have a nice day guys.

    ReplyDelete

I write on these topics

105th National Day (2) 2012 (2) 2013 (1) 2014 (1) Academic (5) ACC (1) Accident (3) ADB (1) Ahmedabad Experience (15) Alto (1) Animal Well-being (2) Animals (4) Anonymous (1) Archery (1) Architecture (3) Argentina (1) Arrogant (1) Art (5) Asset (1) audicity of opinion (1) Australia (1) Autowalla (2) awards (1) baby sitting (1) BAFRA (1) Ban (1) Bangkok (1) Bank of Bhutan (2) Belief (1) Bhutan (73) Bhutan Airlines (2) Bhutanomics (1) Birthday (8) Birthday Wishes for my King (4) Birthday. (1) BJP (1) Blessed rainy day (1) Blog (2) Blog Award (1) Blog Award. Bhutan (1) Bloggers (4) Bolg Award (1) Bonzai (1) Book (11) Boudha temple (1) Brazil 2014 (1) Buddhism (19) Buffalo (1) Bushra Shanan (1) Car (2) Change (1) Changkor (1) Chetan Bhagat (1) Chief Election Commissioner of Bhutan (1) Child development (1) China (6) Choku (2) CITES (2) Civil Servants (2) cold (2) College (1) Comment (1) common sense (1) Community (1) Conservation (1) Constitution of the Kingdom of Bhutan (2) contemplation (1) Cordycepts (2) corporal Punishment (1) Court case (8) cricket (1) Cricket World cup (1) crime (3) Culture (14) culture properties. (3) Customs (11) Dasho Kunzang Wangdi (1) Dasho Shingkhar Lam (1) Dawa Gyeltshen (1) DCT (2) DDC (1) Dechen Wangmo (1) Democracy (4) Department of Revenue and Customs (6) Depression (1) Development (2) Dictator (1) Diplomatic Relationship (1) Disaster (1) Diwali (4) DNT (1) Doctors (1) dog (1) Doomsday 2012 (1) DPT (3) Dr. Karma Phuntsho (1) Dr. Richard Teo (1) DRC (3) Dream (2) Drugs (1) Dungsey Rimpoche (1) Dylan Thomas (1) Dzongkha Song (5) Earth hour (1) East (1) Ecology (1) Economics (14) Economist (1) Economy (2) Education (10) Election (10) Election 2013 (5) Election Commission of Bhutan (1) Election2013 (1) End of the world (1) Enforcement (3) Eric Weiner (1) Essay Games and Sports (1) Exams (9) Eyelid Twitching (1) Eyes (1) Facebook (4) Family (6) Farewell (1) FIFA (1) Fire disaster (2) Flowers (5) Flu (1) Folk tale (1) Food (2) Football (3) Foreign Policy (1) Fourth King (4) Freedom (3) Freedom at midnight (1) friend (1) Friendship (2) Fun (1) fundamental right (1) Games (2) Gandinagar (1) Gangnam Style (1) Germany (1) global warming (1) GNH (7) Golf Course in Shingkhar (4) Government (7) Great Britain (1) Guest Post (2) Guest Post. Extra Marital Affairs. (1) Gujarat (33) Gujarat University (9) Guns in Bhutan (1) Guru Rimpoche (1) H. L. V. Derozio's (1) H.H Dalai Lama (1) Hamas (1) Happiness (13) Happy new year (5) High land (1) His Majesty (5) History (4) Hobby (1) Hollywood (1) Home (6) Humbleness (1) humility (1) Humming bird (1) humor (2) I am Malala (1) I too had a love story (1) Iceland (1) Icon Shoe (1) IELTS (1) India (33) Indo-Bhutan Friendship (1) Infatuation (1) Information (1) Inspiration (2) International Happiness day (1) International Health Regulation (1) International Poetry day (1) International water day (1) International Women's day (1) interview (2) Israel (1) Jangsa Animal Saving Trust (2) Japan (5) Jaswant Singh (1) JDWNR Hospital (8) Jigme Y. Thinley (1) job (1) John Keats (1) jokes (2) Joseon Dynasty (1) Justice (1) Kankaria lake (1) Katmandu (2) Kings of Bhutan (2) Kongfu Panda (2) Kuensel (3) Lal Darwaza (1) laughter (2) Law (5) Lemjakha (2) lessons (1) Letter (1) letter to MP (2) Letter. (1) Life (4) Local Healers (3) Lomba (1) Longchen Rabjam (9) Losar (2) love (6) Lunar Eclipse (2) Lyonpo Ugyen Tshering (1) Mail (1) Malaysia (5) Married to Bhutan (1) Mathematics (1) Media (1) merry X-mas. (2) MH370 (1) middle class people (1) middle class people. My life (1) Ministry of Finance. Paro Airport (1) Minzuk Lhamo (2) Misfortune (2) MoE (1) MoF (1) Moldova (1) Money Plant (1) Monk hood (1) Monks (1) morales (2) Mother's Day (2) Movie (5) MPs (1) Music (3) my ATM card. (1) my blog (2) My Boss (4) my camera (1) my country (1) My daughters (14) My family (7) My father (9) My Friend (2) My job (5) My King (2) My King and Queen (4) My Life (77) My mother (4) My passport (1) My Phone (1) My Promises (1) My sister (3) My Son (1) my sun glass (1) My Teachers (2) My Wife (4) Narendra Modi (4) NASA (1) National anthem (1) National Assembly (1) National Council (1) National Day (1) Nelson mandela (1) Nepal (4) New Delhi (1) Nissam Ezekil (1) Nomads (1) Norbu the Cat (1) Opposition (1) Our Queen (1) Pakistan (1) Palace (1) Palestine (1) Parliament (2) Paro (4) Paro Airport (7) Passu (2) Pay Revision (4) PDP (2) Pedestrian day (1) People (3) Photography (34) Phuentsholing (2) Poetry (12) Police (2) Politics (11) Pollution (1) Prado (1) Prediction (1) Primary round (1) Prime Minister of Bhutan (6) Prime Minister of India (1) Private Sector (1) Prostitution (1) psychology (2) Punakha (2) Punishment (1) Qatar (1) Queen of Bhutan (1) Quota (1) RAA (1) Rabindranath Tagore (1) Rabney (2) Rajnikant (1) Random Thoughts (32) RCSC (2) reflection (1) Refugee Problem (1) Religion (4) Republic day of India (1) Research (2) Result (5) Retention wall (1) RILO AP (2) Road (1) Road Development (1) Road safety (1) Robert Frost (1) ROCB (1) Royal Wedding (4) RRCO. Paro (2) Rule of Law (1) Rumors (1) Rupee Crunch (2) samrtphones (1) scholarships (3) School (1) Security (2) Seminar (4) Seoul (3) shapes (2) Sherubtse (3) Shingkhar (34) Shopping (1) Sikkim (1) SIM card (1) Singapore (1) Smile (1) Snowfall (1) social forestry day (1) Social Media (3) social problems (1) South Korea (8) Spain (1) Sperm Donation (1) Stipend (1) story (2) Study (2) Suhas Gopinath (1) Superstition (1) Switzerland (1) Talent (2) Tashi Group of Companies (1) Teachers (6) Teachers's Day (2) Team work (1) Tenancy Act (1) Thai Customs (3) Thailand (3) Thank you (2) Thank you note (1) The Nederlands (1) Thimphu (2) Thuksey Rimpoche (1) Tibet (3) tobacco (1) Tobacco Control Act (3) TOEFL (1) Trade (2) Traditions (4) Training (12) Travel (16) Tsechu (1) Tulip (1) Ugyen Pandy (2) Uniform (1) Ura (2) USA (1) vacation (1) Walk (1) Wangdi Dzong (2) WCO (4) Wedding (1) WHO (1) wild life (1) wildlife (3) William Wordsworth (1) Wisdom (2) Women (2) Woochu (1) World CUP (2) Writer (1) Writing (1) Yak (11) Yeshhey (1) Youths (4) Zhabdrung (1) Zoo (1)

Followers