Thursday, August 1, 2013

Colour Chaos

Although we have few disgruntling people here and there, the election dust certainly seems to have settled for now. With this we can comfortably presume that the grievances of not only the loosing party, but also that of winning party are well addressed and attended to. 

Whether it is due to their "karmic force" or their capability or other reasons, our new PM and  Lyonpos have finally moved into the office, adorned with much coveted orange scarf and patnag. While some of them must be already sinking deep learning the alphabets of the ministries, some may be still practicing hard to put on the scarf correctly. I write this on the authority that wearing even the simple white scarf is difficult. (Back in 2004, It took me almost a week to put on the white scarf the right way). But thanks to the graduate orientation program, I was finally able to get through the test.

Coming back to the scarfs and colours, I find it so so undemocratic to have coloured scarfs to our MPs. It is strictly my personal view. If democracy is about creating commonness and equality among the subjects then why again segregate people based on colours and scarfs? Just becuase MPs are representing us does not mean they are different or above us. Some colour chauvinist might argue on the basis of it being our culture and tradition. But I think culture and traditions are themselves subject to change; because we are evolving! More so, if our New PM can conveniently do away with our age old chipdrel ceremony, then why not we do away with the coloured scarf culture too?

Our Beloved His Majesty is yet to confer another set of scarfs. The speaker, the leader of the opposition party and the rest of the MPs are yet to receive their share of scarf. But the news have already started spreading. Fast and wild. Media houses have reported that this time it may not be an orange for the OL! Not only that, of late, there were also news of the retired ministers wearing the same orange scarf. Some folks think, its confusing. We seem to have a colour chaos here!

Apart from that, rest seem fine. Its day when its day and night when night. I have  started shouldering the responsibility of trade and information section head of RRCO,Paro. Its challenging and yet fun to work. It involves lot of playing around with the figures. As an Economics student, most of my colleagues thinks that figures are my bread.. and I am trying my best, very best to live up to their expectations.

After diagonized with high blood pressure, I have become more cautious with my diet. To the best of my ability, I am refraining myself from eating oily and salty foods. I am saying yes to any kind of games and sports. I have even started thinking of learning to ride a bicycle.

Last time we had a basketball match. I think on two occasions. My team lost both the games. But I am still happy at the fact that I was able to keep my self engaged. After that I joined my friends on khuru (dart) match. I think we did not win the game either. But it was a joyful defeat. After the game, we all gathered together in a restaurant over a dinner. We sang our old songs. After a bottle or two, most of our friends were flying. But then the beauty of our Bhutanese song isthat it gets more soothing, more romantic and more touching even when sang in the frenzied drunken state. 

1 comment:

  1. Day by day our beautiful culture and tradition is fading away. Its value is degrading. WHen PM rejects chibdrel ceremony I felt awkward and sad. If such trend is to continue, one day my kids will not see such event though they might read as text. Everything is getting subsided under the aroma of politics?

    ReplyDelete

I write on these topics

105th National Day (2) 2012 (2) 2013 (1) 2014 (1) Academic (5) ACC (1) Accident (3) ADB (1) Ahmedabad Experience (15) Alto (1) Animal Well-being (2) Animals (4) Anonymous (1) Archery (1) Architecture (3) Argentina (1) Arrogant (1) Art (5) Asset (1) audicity of opinion (1) Australia (1) Autowalla (2) awards (1) baby sitting (1) BAFRA (1) Ban (1) Bangkok (1) Bank of Bhutan (2) Belief (1) Bhutan (73) Bhutan Airlines (2) Bhutanomics (1) Birthday (8) Birthday Wishes for my King (4) Birthday. (1) BJP (1) Blessed rainy day (1) Blog (2) Blog Award (1) Blog Award. Bhutan (1) Bloggers (4) Bolg Award (1) Bonzai (1) Book (11) Boudha temple (1) Brazil 2014 (1) Buddhism (19) Buffalo (1) Bushra Shanan (1) Car (2) Change (1) Changkor (1) Chetan Bhagat (1) Chief Election Commissioner of Bhutan (1) Child development (1) China (6) Choku (2) CITES (2) Civil Servants (2) cold (2) College (1) Comment (1) common sense (1) Community (1) Conservation (1) Constitution of the Kingdom of Bhutan (2) contemplation (1) Cordycepts (2) corporal Punishment (1) Court case (8) cricket (1) Cricket World cup (1) crime (3) Culture (14) culture properties. (3) Customs (11) Dasho Kunzang Wangdi (1) Dasho Shingkhar Lam (1) Dawa Gyeltshen (1) DCT (2) DDC (1) Dechen Wangmo (1) Democracy (4) Department of Revenue and Customs (6) Depression (1) Development (2) Dictator (1) Diplomatic Relationship (1) Disaster (1) Diwali (4) DNT (1) Doctors (1) dog (1) Doomsday 2012 (1) DPT (3) Dr. Karma Phuntsho (1) Dr. Richard Teo (1) DRC (3) Dream (2) Drugs (1) Dungsey Rimpoche (1) Dylan Thomas (1) Dzongkha Song (5) Earth hour (1) East (1) Ecology (1) Economics (14) Economist (1) Economy (2) Education (10) Election (10) Election 2013 (5) Election Commission of Bhutan (1) Election2013 (1) End of the world (1) Enforcement (3) Eric Weiner (1) Essay Games and Sports (1) Exams (9) Eyelid Twitching (1) Eyes (1) Facebook (4) Family (6) Farewell (1) FIFA (1) Fire disaster (2) Flowers (5) Flu (1) Folk tale (1) Food (2) Football (3) Foreign Policy (1) Fourth King (4) Freedom (3) Freedom at midnight (1) friend (1) Friendship (2) Fun (1) fundamental right (1) Games (2) Gandinagar (1) Gangnam Style (1) Germany (1) global warming (1) GNH (7) Golf Course in Shingkhar (4) Government (7) Great Britain (1) Guest Post (2) Guest Post. Extra Marital Affairs. (1) Gujarat (33) Gujarat University (9) Guns in Bhutan (1) Guru Rimpoche (1) H. L. V. Derozio's (1) H.H Dalai Lama (1) Hamas (1) Happiness (13) Happy new year (5) High land (1) His Majesty (5) History (4) Hobby (1) Hollywood (1) Home (6) Humbleness (1) humility (1) Humming bird (1) humor (2) I am Malala (1) I too had a love story (1) Iceland (1) Icon Shoe (1) IELTS (1) India (33) Indo-Bhutan Friendship (1) Infatuation (1) Information (1) Inspiration (2) International Happiness day (1) International Health Regulation (1) International Poetry day (1) International water day (1) International Women's day (1) interview (2) Israel (1) Jangsa Animal Saving Trust (2) Japan (5) Jaswant Singh (1) JDWNR Hospital (8) Jigme Y. Thinley (1) job (1) John Keats (1) jokes (2) Joseon Dynasty (1) Justice (1) Kankaria lake (1) Katmandu (2) Kings of Bhutan (2) Kongfu Panda (2) Kuensel (3) Lal Darwaza (1) laughter (2) Law (5) Lemjakha (2) lessons (1) Letter (1) letter to MP (2) Letter. (1) Life (4) Local Healers (3) Lomba (1) Longchen Rabjam (9) Losar (2) love (6) Lunar Eclipse (2) Lyonpo Ugyen Tshering (1) Mail (1) Malaysia (5) Married to Bhutan (1) Mathematics (1) Media (1) merry X-mas. (2) MH370 (1) middle class people (1) middle class people. My life (1) Ministry of Finance. Paro Airport (1) Minzuk Lhamo (2) Misfortune (2) MoE (1) MoF (1) Moldova (1) Money Plant (1) Monk hood (1) Monks (1) morales (2) Mother's Day (2) Movie (5) MPs (1) Music (3) my ATM card. (1) my blog (2) My Boss (4) my camera (1) my country (1) My daughters (14) My family (7) My father (9) My Friend (2) My job (5) My King (2) My King and Queen (4) My Life (77) My mother (4) My passport (1) My Phone (1) My Promises (1) My sister (3) My Son (1) my sun glass (1) My Teachers (2) My Wife (4) Narendra Modi (4) NASA (1) National anthem (1) National Assembly (1) National Council (1) National Day (1) Nelson mandela (1) Nepal (4) New Delhi (1) Nissam Ezekil (1) Nomads (1) Norbu the Cat (1) Opposition (1) Our Queen (1) Pakistan (1) Palace (1) Palestine (1) Parliament (2) Paro (4) Paro Airport (7) Passu (2) Pay Revision (4) PDP (2) Pedestrian day (1) People (3) Photography (34) Phuentsholing (2) Poetry (12) Police (2) Politics (11) Pollution (1) Prado (1) Prediction (1) Primary round (1) Prime Minister of Bhutan (6) Prime Minister of India (1) Private Sector (1) Prostitution (1) psychology (2) Punakha (2) Punishment (1) Qatar (1) Queen of Bhutan (1) Quota (1) RAA (1) Rabindranath Tagore (1) Rabney (2) Rajnikant (1) Random Thoughts (32) RCSC (2) reflection (1) Refugee Problem (1) Religion (4) Republic day of India (1) Research (2) Result (5) Retention wall (1) RILO AP (2) Road (1) Road Development (1) Road safety (1) Robert Frost (1) ROCB (1) Royal Wedding (4) RRCO. Paro (2) Rule of Law (1) Rumors (1) Rupee Crunch (2) samrtphones (1) scholarships (3) School (1) Security (2) Seminar (4) Seoul (3) shapes (2) Sherubtse (3) Shingkhar (34) Shopping (1) Sikkim (1) SIM card (1) Singapore (1) Smile (1) Snowfall (1) social forestry day (1) Social Media (3) social problems (1) South Korea (8) Spain (1) Sperm Donation (1) Stipend (1) story (2) Study (2) Suhas Gopinath (1) Superstition (1) Switzerland (1) Talent (2) Tashi Group of Companies (1) Teachers (6) Teachers's Day (2) Team work (1) Tenancy Act (1) Thai Customs (3) Thailand (3) Thank you (2) Thank you note (1) The Nederlands (1) Thimphu (2) Thuksey Rimpoche (1) Tibet (3) tobacco (1) Tobacco Control Act (3) TOEFL (1) Trade (2) Traditions (4) Training (12) Travel (16) Tsechu (1) Tulip (1) Ugyen Pandy (2) Uniform (1) Ura (2) USA (1) vacation (1) Walk (1) Wangdi Dzong (2) WCO (4) Wedding (1) WHO (1) wild life (1) wildlife (3) William Wordsworth (1) Wisdom (2) Women (2) Woochu (1) World CUP (2) Writer (1) Writing (1) Yak (11) Yeshhey (1) Youths (4) Zhabdrung (1) Zoo (1)

Followers