Thursday, February 26, 2015

Bhutanese Diaspora in Australia and More

After spending nine long years in Paro I was finally able to move to down to Phuentsholing. Until my next transfer, it's going to be a home for my family for another 4-5 years. I am little surprised to discover that moving to Phuentsholing is turning out to be yet another chapter in my life. I look forward to having even more memorable days. At the moment my family is slowly getting settled. After a weeks of bad flu, we are all getting used to the kind of dusty and hazy environment. I am told about the excessive heat of the summer. But I am sure we can beat that. 

In my coming days, I would like to write loads about the kind of adventures I had to overcome in moving my family to Phuentsholing. I would like to write about the housing crunch in Phuentsholing. I would like to write about  my new experiences. I will also try to put up a story, -my daughters' thoughts on Phuentsholing. Although little uncomfortable, I will also bring up a unique personal experience in my new office. I Will let you all know as to why working is Phuenthsoling is challenge for any government official, especially if you are a Customs personnel.

But for now, let me write about the seminar I am attending in New Delhi.

I am attending a seminar in Chemical identification. We are three from Bhutan. Including the Australians, (host) there are delegations from eight South Asian nations. - From Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal and Sri Lanka. We are progressing into our third day, but I must tell you that each day has been that much enriching and rewarding. Its been a lively event from the start. Introductory session was joyful. I came to know that many of my friends have sleeping and eating as their hobbies. As a Customs officials, we are a group of people which the society has never seen through this prism of life. They only loath us in abundance. They never see us though such innocence. So with this, I urge you all to sometimes read us emotionally also. 

I never had the opportunity of going to Australia, (which is sometimes seen as equivalent for going to the eternal source of wealth and money for many Bhutanese) but it was a privilege and joy to have met few Australians here in Delhi. I take it as an honor to have met  them all. Some of them are very senior Government officials. We talked a lot on Bhutanese diaspora in Australia. Amazingly all of them have such a good regard for our friends there. I am sure they are not being diplomatic with me though. Nevertheless  I am happy to know about how our friends and relatives are working hard there to make a living. I told them how amazed I am about the fashion of Bhutanese going to Australia for for education and they told me how astonished they are with the kind of bank balances some of our friends have furnished! 

I met delegates from Maldives. They are three gentleman. I have seen them with full of energy, open for any discussion and often crazily into photography. I had chitchat with our Bangladeshi friends. their group consist of one young lady officer and two senior commissioners. They are all Muslims. and if people think Muslims are conservatives, these people will prove us wrong. 

There is a lone Napali man in our group and I think he is the only chemist among us. He does more smiling than talking. At the moment he seem to be enjoying his new Panasonic phone. We have three friends from Sri Lanka and two from India. All of them are equally jovial. This to me, says lot about their common ancestral root. Our friends from Myanmar are rather enigmatic. Two officials would only smile mildly while the other one, little younger one is always engrossed in photography.  

Finally we have, resource speakers from WCO, a male from Mexico and a female form USA. They look great. Both of them possess a presentation skills which is making me envious. Our colleagues from Australian Customs have their own charm in presenting the resources and so are our colleagues from the Indian Customs. Their friendliness and openness is all that is making the difference. In between we had, Dr. Menon, the Director General of NASEN, Faridabad who enlightened us about the weapons of mass destruction. 

Now, did I write about the seminar or just described my friends? Well, I would like to show their pictures later, if i am given due permission.
  

2 comments:

  1. Nice to read your updates~ Hope to see photos of your friends~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of the secluded Bhutanese kingdom is a big-hearted one that incorporates an illuminated ruler who conveyed majority rule government to his kin and created a flighty however powerful estimation of advancement called gross household joy rather than total national output. In any case, that is gave a false representation of by the way that in the late 1980s, more than 100,000 ethnic Nepalese known as Lhotshampa were blamed by the legislature for being expatriates and constrained out of the nation. As per US State Department appraises, the Lhotshampa add up to as much as 28 percent of Bhutan's populace if the evacuees were incorporated.

    ReplyDelete

I write on these topics

105th National Day (2) 2012 (2) 2013 (1) 2014 (1) Academic (5) ACC (1) Accident (3) ADB (1) Ahmedabad Experience (15) Alto (1) Animal Well-being (2) Animals (4) Anonymous (1) Archery (1) Architecture (3) Argentina (1) Arrogant (1) Art (5) Asset (1) audicity of opinion (1) Australia (1) Autowalla (2) awards (1) baby sitting (1) BAFRA (1) Ban (1) Bangkok (1) Bank of Bhutan (2) Belief (1) Bhutan (73) Bhutan Airlines (2) Bhutanomics (1) Birthday (8) Birthday Wishes for my King (4) Birthday. (1) BJP (1) Blessed rainy day (1) Blog (2) Blog Award (1) Blog Award. Bhutan (1) Bloggers (4) Bolg Award (1) Bonzai (1) Book (11) Boudha temple (1) Brazil 2014 (1) Buddhism (19) Buffalo (1) Bushra Shanan (1) Car (2) Change (1) Changkor (1) Chetan Bhagat (1) Chief Election Commissioner of Bhutan (1) Child development (1) China (6) Choku (2) CITES (2) Civil Servants (2) cold (2) College (1) Comment (1) common sense (1) Community (1) Conservation (1) Constitution of the Kingdom of Bhutan (2) contemplation (1) Cordycepts (2) corporal Punishment (1) Court case (8) cricket (1) Cricket World cup (1) crime (3) Culture (14) culture properties. (3) Customs (11) Dasho Kunzang Wangdi (1) Dasho Shingkhar Lam (1) Dawa Gyeltshen (1) DCT (2) DDC (1) Dechen Wangmo (1) Democracy (4) Department of Revenue and Customs (6) Depression (1) Development (2) Dictator (1) Diplomatic Relationship (1) Disaster (1) Diwali (4) DNT (1) Doctors (1) dog (1) Doomsday 2012 (1) DPT (3) Dr. Karma Phuntsho (1) Dr. Richard Teo (1) DRC (3) Dream (2) Drugs (1) Dungsey Rimpoche (1) Dylan Thomas (1) Dzongkha Song (5) Earth hour (1) East (1) Ecology (1) Economics (14) Economist (1) Economy (2) Education (10) Election (10) Election 2013 (5) Election Commission of Bhutan (1) Election2013 (1) End of the world (1) Enforcement (3) Eric Weiner (1) Essay Games and Sports (1) Exams (9) Eyelid Twitching (1) Eyes (1) Facebook (4) Family (6) Farewell (1) FIFA (1) Fire disaster (2) Flowers (5) Flu (1) Folk tale (1) Food (2) Football (3) Foreign Policy (1) Fourth King (4) Freedom (3) Freedom at midnight (1) friend (1) Friendship (2) Fun (1) fundamental right (1) Games (2) Gandinagar (1) Gangnam Style (1) Germany (1) global warming (1) GNH (7) Golf Course in Shingkhar (4) Government (7) Great Britain (1) Guest Post (2) Guest Post. Extra Marital Affairs. (1) Gujarat (33) Gujarat University (9) Guns in Bhutan (1) Guru Rimpoche (1) H. L. V. Derozio's (1) H.H Dalai Lama (1) Hamas (1) Happiness (13) Happy new year (5) High land (1) His Majesty (5) History (4) Hobby (1) Hollywood (1) Home (6) Humbleness (1) humility (1) Humming bird (1) humor (2) I am Malala (1) I too had a love story (1) Iceland (1) Icon Shoe (1) IELTS (1) India (33) Indo-Bhutan Friendship (1) Infatuation (1) Information (1) Inspiration (2) International Happiness day (1) International Health Regulation (1) International Poetry day (1) International water day (1) International Women's day (1) interview (2) Israel (1) Jangsa Animal Saving Trust (2) Japan (5) Jaswant Singh (1) JDWNR Hospital (8) Jigme Y. Thinley (1) job (1) John Keats (1) jokes (2) Joseon Dynasty (1) Justice (1) Kankaria lake (1) Katmandu (2) Kings of Bhutan (2) Kongfu Panda (2) Kuensel (3) Lal Darwaza (1) laughter (2) Law (5) Lemjakha (2) lessons (1) Letter (1) letter to MP (2) Letter. (1) Life (4) Local Healers (3) Lomba (1) Longchen Rabjam (9) Losar (2) love (6) Lunar Eclipse (2) Lyonpo Ugyen Tshering (1) Mail (1) Malaysia (5) Married to Bhutan (1) Mathematics (1) Media (1) merry X-mas. (2) MH370 (1) middle class people (1) middle class people. My life (1) Ministry of Finance. Paro Airport (1) Minzuk Lhamo (2) Misfortune (2) MoE (1) MoF (1) Moldova (1) Money Plant (1) Monk hood (1) Monks (1) morales (2) Mother's Day (2) Movie (5) MPs (1) Music (3) my ATM card. (1) my blog (2) My Boss (4) my camera (1) my country (1) My daughters (14) My family (7) My father (9) My Friend (2) My job (5) My King (2) My King and Queen (4) My Life (77) My mother (4) My passport (1) My Phone (1) My Promises (1) My sister (3) My Son (1) my sun glass (1) My Teachers (2) My Wife (4) Narendra Modi (4) NASA (1) National anthem (1) National Assembly (1) National Council (1) National Day (1) Nelson mandela (1) Nepal (4) New Delhi (1) Nissam Ezekil (1) Nomads (1) Norbu the Cat (1) Opposition (1) Our Queen (1) Pakistan (1) Palace (1) Palestine (1) Parliament (2) Paro (4) Paro Airport (7) Passu (2) Pay Revision (4) PDP (2) Pedestrian day (1) People (3) Photography (34) Phuentsholing (2) Poetry (12) Police (2) Politics (11) Pollution (1) Prado (1) Prediction (1) Primary round (1) Prime Minister of Bhutan (6) Prime Minister of India (1) Private Sector (1) Prostitution (1) psychology (2) Punakha (2) Punishment (1) Qatar (1) Queen of Bhutan (1) Quota (1) RAA (1) Rabindranath Tagore (1) Rabney (2) Rajnikant (1) Random Thoughts (32) RCSC (2) reflection (1) Refugee Problem (1) Religion (4) Republic day of India (1) Research (2) Result (5) Retention wall (1) RILO AP (2) Road (1) Road Development (1) Road safety (1) Robert Frost (1) ROCB (1) Royal Wedding (4) RRCO. Paro (2) Rule of Law (1) Rumors (1) Rupee Crunch (2) samrtphones (1) scholarships (3) School (1) Security (2) Seminar (4) Seoul (3) shapes (2) Sherubtse (3) Shingkhar (34) Shopping (1) Sikkim (1) SIM card (1) Singapore (1) Smile (1) Snowfall (1) social forestry day (1) Social Media (3) social problems (1) South Korea (8) Spain (1) Sperm Donation (1) Stipend (1) story (2) Study (2) Suhas Gopinath (1) Superstition (1) Switzerland (1) Talent (2) Tashi Group of Companies (1) Teachers (6) Teachers's Day (2) Team work (1) Tenancy Act (1) Thai Customs (3) Thailand (3) Thank you (2) Thank you note (1) The Nederlands (1) Thimphu (2) Thuksey Rimpoche (1) Tibet (3) tobacco (1) Tobacco Control Act (3) TOEFL (1) Trade (2) Traditions (4) Training (12) Travel (16) Tsechu (1) Tulip (1) Ugyen Pandy (2) Uniform (1) Ura (2) USA (1) vacation (1) Walk (1) Wangdi Dzong (2) WCO (4) Wedding (1) WHO (1) wild life (1) wildlife (3) William Wordsworth (1) Wisdom (2) Women (2) Woochu (1) World CUP (2) Writer (1) Writing (1) Yak (11) Yeshhey (1) Youths (4) Zhabdrung (1) Zoo (1)

Followers