Monday, March 28, 2011

A concise guide to dreams; The book I read this Sunday.

Did any one dream of my death yesterday ? If you did then, Bhutanese interpretation of dreams are true. I over ate yesterday; -all the three meals. It appears to me that, I did it involuntarily to compensate those meals I usually loose in course of my duty in my office on the week days. 

Coincidently, I also happen to borrow a book from my friend titled "A concise guide to dreams" by Philip Clucas and Douglas Clucas. It's  a book worth not only reading, but also worth owning one. It's a very detailed guide for all kinds of dream we experience in our dream lore.
A CONCISE GUIDE TO DREAMS
By Philip Clucas and Douglas Clucas

Well, I may not be in a position to share everything that I read in the book, But I thought, I would at least share few tips (as in the book) to have 'sweet dreams'.  Sweet dreams, according the author, requires any one to have an "untroubled and relaxing sleep in order for the body to awaken properly rested and rejuvenated". following are the tips for having a good night's sleep. 
  1. One should not worry about the amount of sleep we are having. 
  2. Live a active life. 
  3. lessen your tension before you go to bed. Do some light exercises, go for a gentle walk and if possible have a warm bath.
  4. Don't over eat before going to bed. Leave at least 2 hours between your last meal and when you go to bed. If you want to eat at all, then try restricting to only light meals like a piece of fruit etc.
  5. Don't drink any thing that is caffeinated. Don't even smoke or drink any alcohol.
  6. make sure the bed is very comfortable. 
  7. Also make sure that our bedroom conditions are ideal for our sleep. Check the temperatures (16-18 degrees on thermometer) the room should be neither too dark nor too bright. play some soothing music like a sound of nature, 
  8. Keep a dream diary to record some of the thoughts that worries you and avoid pondering into them. 
  9. go to bed 30 minutes before we actually sleep. during that 30 min, read something that relaxes your mind but don't get too absorbed.
  10. If you feel you have problem falling asleep, then try tip No 8. try to divert your attention. Think of a place or a person that makes you feel safe and secure. Focus on a image that comforts you.This will make your mind easier to slip off to sleep again
Grab a copy and find it out for yourself. I think the book is available for sale in Pekhang store in Thimphu and a Handicraft shop in Paro airport for about Nu. 495 (approx USD 11)

4 comments:

  1. I have only nightmares...your article might help me overcoming it...thank u for the post..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kuenzang, thanks for summarizing this book. I'll definitely check it out! I do think it's important to be active. That always helps me feel better and sleep better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these are wonderful tips. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Anu, Domey and Rachna.

    Thank you for liking my post here. the book is very useful and now I have decided to buy the book for myself.

    I think it should be available in plenty there in India.

    so all the best and enjoy

    ReplyDelete

I write on these topics

105th National Day (2) 2012 (2) 2013 (1) 2014 (1) Academic (5) ACC (1) Accident (3) ADB (1) Ahmedabad Experience (15) Alto (1) American President (1) Animal Well-being (2) Animals (4) Anonymous (1) Archery (1) Architecture (2) Arrogant (1) Art (5) Asset (1) audicity of opinion (1) Autowalla (2) awards (1) baby sitting (1) BAFRA (1) Ban (1) Bank of Bhutan (2) Belief (1) Bhutan (61) Bhutan Airlines (2) Bhutanomics (1) Biggest Democracy (1) Birthday (7) Birthday Wishes for my King (4) Birthday. (1) Blessed rainy day (1) Blog (2) Blog Award (1) Blog Award. Bhutan (1) Bloggers (3) Bolg Award (1) Bonzai (1) Book (11) Boudha temple (1) Buddhism (19) Buffalo (1) Car (2) Changkor (1) Chetan Bhagat (1) Chief Election Commissioner of Bhutan (1) Child development (1) China (6) Choku (2) Chukha-Damche Bypass (1) CITES (2) Civil Servants (2) CNN (1) cold (2) College (1) Comment (1) common sense (1) Community (1) Conservation (1) Constitution of the Kingdom of Bhutan (2) contemplation (1) Cordycepts (2) corporal Punishment (1) Court case (8) cricket (1) Cricket World cup (1) crime (3) Culture (14) culture properties. (3) Customs (10) DANTAK (1) Dasho Kunzang Wangdi (1) Dasho Shingkhar Lam (1) Dawa Gyeltshen (1) DCT (1) DDC (1) Dechen Wangmo (1) Democracy (4) Department of Revenue and Customs (6) Depression (1) Development (2) Dictator (1) Diplomatic Relationship (1) Disaster (1) Diwali (4) DNT (1) Doctors (1) dog (1) Doomsday 2012 (1) DPT (1) Dr. Karma Phuntsho (1) Dr. Richard Teo (1) DRC (4) Dream (2) Drugs (1) Dungsey Rimpoche (1) Dylan Thomas (1) Dzongkha Song (5) Earth hour (1) East (1) Ecology (1) Economics (14) Economist (1) Economy (1) Education (10) Election (5) Election 2013 (3) Election Commission of Bhutan (1) End of the world (1) Enforcement (3) Eric Weiner (1) Essay Games and Sports (1) Exams (9) Eyelid Twitching (1) Eyes (1) Facebook (3) Family (6) Farewell (1) FIFA (1) Fire disaster (2) Flowers (5) Flu (1) Folk tale (1) Food (2) Football (3) Foreign Policy (1) Fourth King (4) Freedom (3) Freedom at midnight (1) friend (1) Friendship (2) Fun (1) fundamental right (1) Games (2) Gandinagar (1) Gangnam Style (1) global warming (1) GNH (6) Golf Course in Shingkhar (4) Government (2) Great Britain (1) Guest Post (1) Guest Post. Extra Marital Affairs. (1) Gujarat (32) Gujarat University (9) Guns in Bhutan (1) Guru Rimpoche (1) H. L. V. Derozio's (1) H.H Dalai Lama (1) Happiness (13) Happy new year (5) High land (1) His Majesty (4) History (4) Hobby (1) Hollywood (1) Home (6) Humbleness (1) humility (1) Humming bird (1) humor (2) I am Malala (1) I too had a love story (1) Iceland (1) Icon Shoe (1) IELTS (1) India (29) Indian Politics (1) Indo-Bhutan Friendship (1) Infatuation (1) Information (1) Inspiration (2) International Happiness day (1) International Health Regulation (1) International Poetry day (1) International water day (1) International Women's day (1) interview (2) Jangsa Animal Saving Trust (2) Japan (5) Jaswant Singh (1) JDWNR Hospital (8) job (1) John Keats (1) jokes (2) Joseon Dynasty (1) Justice (1) Kankaria lake (1) Katmandu (2) Kings of Bhutan (2) Kongfu Panda (2) Kuensel (3) Lal Darwaza (1) laughter (2) Law (4) Lemjakha (2) lessons (1) letter to MP (2) Letter. (1) Life (4) Loan (1) Local Healers (3) Lomba (1) Longchen Rabjam (9) Losar (2) love (6) Lunar Eclipse (2) Lyonpo Ugyen Tshering (1) Malaysia (5) Married to Bhutan (1) Mathematics (1) merry X-mas. (2) MH370 (1) middle class people (1) middle class people. My life (1) Ministry of Finance. Paro Airport (1) Minzuk Lhamo (2) Misfortune (2) MoE (1) MoF (1) Moldova (1) Money Plant (1) Monk hood (1) Monks (1) morales (2) Mother's Day (2) Movie (5) MPs (1) Music (3) my ATM card. (1) my blog (2) My Boss (4) my camera (1) my country (1) My daughters (14) My family (7) My father (9) My Friend (2) My job (5) My King (2) My King and Queen (4) My Life (76) My mother (4) My passport (1) My Phone (1) My Promises (1) My sister (3) My Son (1) my sun glass (1) My Teachers (2) My Wife (4) Narendra Modi (2) NASA (1) National anthem (1) National Assembly (1) National Day (1) NDTV (1) Nelson mandela (1) Nepal (4) Nissam Ezekil (1) Nomads (1) Norbu the Cat (1) Oldest Democracy (1) Our Queen (1) Palace (1) Parliament (1) Paro (3) Paro Airport (7) Passu (2) Pay Revision (4) PDP (1) Pedestrian day (1) People (3) Photography (34) Poetry (12) Police (2) Politics (6) Pollution (1) Prado (1) Prediction (1) Primary round (1) Prime Minister of Bhutan (2) Prime Minister of India (1) Private Sector (1) Prostitution (1) psychology (2) Punakha (2) Punishment (1) Qatar (1) Queen of Bhutan (1) Quota (1) RAA (1) Rabindranath Tagore (1) Rabney (2) Rajnikant (1) Random Thoughts (30) RCSC (2) reflection (1) Refugee Problem (1) Religion (4) Republic day of India (1) Research (2) Result (5) Retention wall (1) RILO AP (2) Road (1) Road Development (1) Road safety (1) Robert Frost (1) ROCB (1) Royal Wedding (4) RRCO. Paro (2) Rule of Law (1) Rumors (1) Rupee Crunch (2) scholarships (3) School (1) Security (2) Seminar (3) Seoul (3) shapes (2) Sherubtse (3) Shingkhar (34) Sikkim (1) SIM card (1) Singapore (1) Smile (1) Snowfall (1) social forestry day (1) Social Media (3) social problems (1) South Korea (8) Sperm Donation (1) Stipend (1) story (2) Study (2) Suhas Gopinath (1) Superstition (1) Switzerland (1) Talent (2) Tashi Group of Companies (1) Teachers (5) Teachers's Day (1) Team work (1) Thai Customs (3) Thailand (2) Thank you (2) Thank you note (1) The Nederlands (1) Thimphu (2) Thuksey Rimpoche (1) Tibet (3) tobacco (1) Tobacco Control Act (3) TOEFL (1) Trade (1) Traditions (4) Training (11) Travel (15) Tsechu (1) Tulip (1) Ugyen Pandy (2) Uniform (1) Ura (2) USA (1) vacation (1) Walk (1) Wangdi Dzong (2) WCO (4) Wedding (1) Welfare Contribution (1) WHO (1) wild life (1) wildlife (3) William Wordsworth (1) Wisdom (2) Women (2) Woochu (1) World CUP (1) Writer (1) Writing (1) Yak (11) Yeshhey (1) Youths (3) Zhabdrung (1) Zoo (1)