Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I am 33 Plus and I am Feeling Nostalgic

Yesterday midnight when the clock struck 12, I became 33. I don't know the reason yet but I feel I am aging faster than my age. As the wishes started raining on my Facebook, I felt my excitement level surge. I became restless like a child, so eager to slice the cake, blow off the candle and sing aloud.  

But on the other hand I felt nostalgic about my beautiful past. To be precise I felt nostalgic about my past journey in life. As a little boy, I had all the fun in the world except the birthday fun.

As I progressed, I have been to some of the good high schools and colleges of my time. I met different friends and learned special lessons of life. I have often discovered many things. I call them significant ones! Today my birthday happens to be one such discovery I made then. I came to know that my birthday actually meant my identity too. But it took bit of math from my side and memory form my mother who have 10 such birthdays to remember (meaning I have 10 siblings) However we found out that I was born on 13th March 1980. 

I was born when my father and mother were struggling to settle in life.We had no house to be called as our home. My family never had uncle and aunts or for that matter any relatives who were rich and powerful enough to uplift us. But with each passing birthdays,  My family progressed. I grew up just like the way my other siblings did. Things have changed now. We have a house we call our home. 

I now celebrate my birthday to mark the the progress I have made in my life. I have done it before and want to do it in future. Today I had a great time with two of my Gujarati friends. The momos we had for lunch were the tastiest. I liked it so much. I should have gone for lunch with empty stomach!  any ways I would like to thank them for making my day. One of them also wrote these message on my wall and I am touched. Please read it for yourself, 

Hey Kuenzang!
I still remember the first time you introduced yourself to all of us! You were a person from the foreign land back then, but now..You have become a Total Gujarati!!!

I am going to cherish all the fond memories of the time we spent together-the canteen chai, pani puris, and vadapaus, navratri, and diwali, and all our birthdays...I guess all these memories are enough to last for a life time!
And I hope this Birthday of yours also becomes a part of it :-D

You have been a constant source of inspiration for all of us, and on your birthday, I wish that you hold on to this charisma even in Bhutan. Needless to say, You'll be missed!

P.S.- This post sounds like a farewell letter but is actually a Birthday Wish!

I WISH YOU ONE THING WHICH IS MOST IMPORTANT FOR THE BHUTANESE ECONOMY-HAPPINESS AT ALL LEVELS!!

HAVE A VERY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY:-D

My three friends who always made my Birthdays special in Ahmedabad. Thank you friends

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birth day la sir!..
    I wish you all the best in life. Keep inspiring others through your writings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay and the second friend is writing here now... I dozed off for couple of hours after eating those delicious momos...! Had such a great time with both of you.. So here it goes,


    Dearest Kuenzang,

    Here's again wishing you a very happy birthday!! I always believed a good heart and a good mind is a formidable combination.. And I saw this in you..

    It is good to be IMPORTANT but it is more important to be GOOD in life. Amazingly, you are BOTH!!

    On your birthday I am taking up an opportunity to thank you to inspire us through your simplicity, humbleness and kindness...

    On your next birthday, you may not be here with us in Gujarat, but you should know it that your this friend will always remember your birthday and send you the BEST WISHES no matter where you are...

    May you scale the heights of success and spirituality and find abundance joy in the company of your loved ones in years to come...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Kuenzang sir. I too didn't have the luck to celebrate any birthday. I used to remember it when filling forms in school and all.
    One important reason to rejoice your birthday is the amount of blogging you do. We, bloggers have been having the pleasure of reading lovely posts of yours. Hope you will continue writing.
    Happy birthday once more and may you live long and happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday la! In fact, growing up is so much of fun and becoming wiser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you @ Tshewang...keep visiting.....


    thank you @ dear friend Kruit, Your comments are even more endearing and touching. Well I don't know what good my presence did to u all, But I have really found a new meaning in in life....Life is beautiful any where when u have beautiful friends. thanks once again.


    Thanks @Langa for your beautiful wishes. and also for your thought provoking comment on my earlier article. keep commenting. Lets see what our interation can take us to...i feel happy receiving comments. COz i get to learn things...

    thanks @ Riku,

    growing up is fun and its lot more nostalgic too. I hope you have having great time. Youe pictures really amazes me all the time...
    keep clicking

    thanks for the comment.....






    ReplyDelete

I write on these topics

105th National Day (2) 2012 (2) 2013 (1) 2014 (1) Academic (5) ACC (1) Accident (3) ADB (1) Ahmedabad Experience (15) Alto (1) American President (1) Animal Well-being (2) Animals (4) Anonymous (1) Archery (1) Architecture (2) Arrogant (1) Art (5) Asset (1) audicity of opinion (1) Autowalla (2) awards (1) baby sitting (1) BAFRA (1) Ban (1) Bank of Bhutan (2) Belief (1) Bhutan (61) Bhutan Airlines (2) Bhutanomics (1) Biggest Democracy (1) Birthday (7) Birthday Wishes for my King (4) Birthday. (1) Blessed rainy day (1) Blog (2) Blog Award (1) Blog Award. Bhutan (1) Bloggers (3) Bolg Award (1) Bonzai (1) Book (11) Boudha temple (1) Buddhism (19) Buffalo (1) Car (2) Changkor (1) Chetan Bhagat (1) Chief Election Commissioner of Bhutan (1) Child development (1) China (6) Choku (2) Chukha-Damche Bypass (1) CITES (2) Civil Servants (2) CNN (1) cold (2) College (1) Comment (1) common sense (1) Community (1) Conservation (1) Constitution of the Kingdom of Bhutan (2) contemplation (1) Cordycepts (2) corporal Punishment (1) Court case (8) cricket (1) Cricket World cup (1) crime (3) Culture (14) culture properties. (3) Customs (10) DANTAK (1) Dasho Kunzang Wangdi (1) Dasho Shingkhar Lam (1) Dawa Gyeltshen (1) DCT (1) DDC (1) Dechen Wangmo (1) Democracy (4) Department of Revenue and Customs (6) Depression (1) Development (2) Dictator (1) Diplomatic Relationship (1) Disaster (1) Diwali (4) DNT (1) Doctors (1) dog (1) Doomsday 2012 (1) DPT (1) Dr. Karma Phuntsho (1) Dr. Richard Teo (1) DRC (4) Dream (2) Drugs (1) Dungsey Rimpoche (1) Dylan Thomas (1) Dzongkha Song (5) Earth hour (1) East (1) Ecology (1) Economics (14) Economist (1) Economy (1) Education (10) Election (5) Election 2013 (3) Election Commission of Bhutan (1) End of the world (1) Enforcement (3) Eric Weiner (1) Essay Games and Sports (1) Exams (9) Eyelid Twitching (1) Eyes (1) Facebook (3) Family (6) Farewell (1) FIFA (1) Fire disaster (2) Flowers (5) Flu (1) Folk tale (1) Food (2) Football (3) Foreign Policy (1) Fourth King (4) Freedom (3) Freedom at midnight (1) friend (1) Friendship (2) Fun (1) fundamental right (1) Games (2) Gandinagar (1) Gangnam Style (1) global warming (1) GNH (6) Golf Course in Shingkhar (4) Government (2) Great Britain (1) Guest Post (1) Guest Post. Extra Marital Affairs. (1) Gujarat (32) Gujarat University (9) Guns in Bhutan (1) Guru Rimpoche (1) H. L. V. Derozio's (1) H.H Dalai Lama (1) Happiness (13) Happy new year (5) High land (1) His Majesty (4) History (4) Hobby (1) Hollywood (1) Home (6) Humbleness (1) humility (1) Humming bird (1) humor (2) I am Malala (1) I too had a love story (1) Iceland (1) Icon Shoe (1) IELTS (1) India (29) Indian Politics (1) Indo-Bhutan Friendship (1) Infatuation (1) Information (1) Inspiration (2) International Happiness day (1) International Health Regulation (1) International Poetry day (1) International water day (1) International Women's day (1) interview (2) Jangsa Animal Saving Trust (2) Japan (5) Jaswant Singh (1) JDWNR Hospital (8) job (1) John Keats (1) jokes (2) Joseon Dynasty (1) Justice (1) Kankaria lake (1) Katmandu (2) Kings of Bhutan (2) Kongfu Panda (2) Kuensel (3) Lal Darwaza (1) laughter (2) Law (4) Lemjakha (2) lessons (1) letter to MP (2) Letter. (1) Life (4) Loan (1) Local Healers (3) Lomba (1) Longchen Rabjam (9) Losar (2) love (6) Lunar Eclipse (2) Lyonpo Ugyen Tshering (1) Malaysia (5) Married to Bhutan (1) Mathematics (1) merry X-mas. (2) MH370 (1) middle class people (1) middle class people. My life (1) Ministry of Finance. Paro Airport (1) Minzuk Lhamo (2) Misfortune (2) MoE (1) MoF (1) Moldova (1) Money Plant (1) Monk hood (1) Monks (1) morales (2) Mother's Day (2) Movie (5) MPs (1) Music (3) my ATM card. (1) my blog (2) My Boss (4) my camera (1) my country (1) My daughters (14) My family (7) My father (9) My Friend (2) My job (5) My King (2) My King and Queen (4) My Life (76) My mother (4) My passport (1) My Phone (1) My Promises (1) My sister (3) My Son (1) my sun glass (1) My Teachers (2) My Wife (4) Narendra Modi (2) NASA (1) National anthem (1) National Assembly (1) National Day (1) NDTV (1) Nelson mandela (1) Nepal (4) Nissam Ezekil (1) Nomads (1) Norbu the Cat (1) Oldest Democracy (1) Our Queen (1) Palace (1) Parliament (1) Paro (3) Paro Airport (7) Passu (2) Pay Revision (4) PDP (1) Pedestrian day (1) People (3) Photography (34) Poetry (12) Police (2) Politics (6) Pollution (1) Prado (1) Prediction (1) Primary round (1) Prime Minister of Bhutan (2) Prime Minister of India (1) Private Sector (1) Prostitution (1) psychology (2) Punakha (2) Punishment (1) Qatar (1) Queen of Bhutan (1) Quota (1) RAA (1) Rabindranath Tagore (1) Rabney (2) Rajnikant (1) Random Thoughts (30) RCSC (2) reflection (1) Refugee Problem (1) Religion (4) Republic day of India (1) Research (2) Result (5) Retention wall (1) RILO AP (2) Road (1) Road Development (1) Road safety (1) Robert Frost (1) ROCB (1) Royal Wedding (4) RRCO. Paro (2) Rule of Law (1) Rumors (1) Rupee Crunch (2) scholarships (3) School (1) Security (2) Seminar (3) Seoul (3) shapes (2) Sherubtse (3) Shingkhar (34) Sikkim (1) SIM card (1) Singapore (1) Smile (1) Snowfall (1) social forestry day (1) Social Media (3) social problems (1) South Korea (8) Sperm Donation (1) Stipend (1) story (2) Study (2) Suhas Gopinath (1) Superstition (1) Switzerland (1) Talent (2) Tashi Group of Companies (1) Teachers (5) Teachers's Day (1) Team work (1) Thai Customs (3) Thailand (2) Thank you (2) Thank you note (1) The Nederlands (1) Thimphu (2) Thuksey Rimpoche (1) Tibet (3) tobacco (1) Tobacco Control Act (3) TOEFL (1) Trade (1) Traditions (4) Training (11) Travel (15) Tsechu (1) Tulip (1) Ugyen Pandy (2) Uniform (1) Ura (2) USA (1) vacation (1) Walk (1) Wangdi Dzong (2) WCO (4) Wedding (1) Welfare Contribution (1) WHO (1) wild life (1) wildlife (3) William Wordsworth (1) Wisdom (2) Women (2) Woochu (1) World CUP (1) Writer (1) Writing (1) Yak (11) Yeshhey (1) Youths (3) Zhabdrung (1) Zoo (1)