Friday, November 4, 2011

Tibetan Market in Ahmedabad







Ever since the day I landed in Ahmedabad, its all been about surprises in my life.  Starting from being a lone foreign student in my class to fever that kills has always surprised me. If there is one thing in Ahmedabad that  I cannot come into terms with, then its is the Heat, the excessive heat of this tropical zone has always failed to please me (even with the fan).  It made me long for my home. It made me homesick and it also made me physically sick for more than 2 weeks. 

Now it's winter here. The nights have become cooler and and day even drier and hotter. But the most ironical thing is that we have jacket and sweater sellers here! They are Tibetans from North India. Interestingly, people of Ahmedabad are buying sweaters and jackets like a hot selling cake. I am amazed. I Couldn't believe that Ahmedabad is going to become that cold in winter that lasts about 20 days? 

I was actually out for a momo. -Tibetan delicacy, but had to come back with a jacket and blanket in my mind. 

2 comments:

Azhar vora said...

Where in Ahmedbad this time??

nationwidemovers said...

I think its near ankur

Post a Comment

Followers

Labels

Academic (5) Accident (3) Ahmedabad Experience (15) Animals (4) Art (5) Bhutan (65) Birthday (8) Birthday Wishes for my King (3) Blog (3) Bloggers (4) Book (11) Buddhism (18) Chief Election Commissioner of Bhutan (1) China (6) CITES (2) Court case (8) crime (5) Culture (13) culture properties. (3) Customs (9) Dance (1) Dasho Kunzang Wangdi (1) DCT (2) Democracy (4) Department of Revenue and Customs (4) Diplomatic Relationship (1) Diwali (4) DPT (3) DRC (3) Dream (2) Dzongkha Song (6) Economics (14) Education (10) Election (8) Election 2013 (5) Enforcement (3) Exams (9) Facebook (6) Family (6) Fire disaster (2) Flowers (5) Football (3) Foreign Policy (3) Fourth King (3) Freedom (3) Freedom at midnight (1) GNH (8) Golf Course in Shingkhar (4) Government (6) Guest Post. Extra Marital Affairs. (1) Gujarat (34) Gujarat University (9) H.H Dalai Lama (2) Happiness (13) Happy new year (5) His Majesty (5) History (3) Home (6) humor (2) I too had a love story (1) Iceland (1) Icon Shoe (1) IELTS (1) India (30) Indo-Bhutan Friendship (1) Infatuation (1) Information (1) Inspiration (2) International Happiness day (1) International Poetry day (1) International water day (1) Japan (5) Jaswant Singh (1) JDWNR Hospital (8) Jigme Y. Thinley (1) Kings of Bhutan (2) Kongfu Panda (2) Kuensel (3) Lal Darwaza (1) laughter (2) Law (5) Lemjakha (2) letter to MP (2) Letter. (1) Life (4) Local Healers (3) Longchen Rabjam (9) love (8) Lyonpo Ugyen Tshering (1) Malaysia (5) Movie (5) Music (3) my blog (4) My Boss (4) My daughters (14) My family (5) My father (8) My Friend (2) My job (6) My King and Queen (4) My Life (74) My mother (3) My Teachers (2) My Wife (4) Nepal (2) Parliament (2) Paro Airport (3) PDP (2) People (2) Photography (31) Poetry (12) Politics (11) Prime Minister of Bhutan (4) psychology (2) Punakha (2) Random Thoughts (36) RCSC (3) Religion (4) Result (5) RILO AP (1) Royal Wedding (4) RRCO. Paro (2) Rupee Crunch (3) scholarships (3) Seminar (3) Seoul (3) Sherubtse (3) Shingkhar (32) Social Media (4) social problems (2) South Korea (3) Sperm Donation (1) Suhas Gopinath (1) Teachers (6) Teachers's Day (2) Thai Customs (2) The Nederlands (1) Thuksey Rimpoche (1) Tibet (3) Tobacco Control Act (3) Traditions (4) Training (7) Travel (12) Ugyen Pandy (2) Wangdi Dzong (2) WCO (4) wildlife (4) Wisdom (2) Women (3) World CUP (1) Yak (11) Youths (4) Zhabdrung (1)