Sunday, September 2, 2012

Remembering My First Court Case, Part One

Three places on earth that I wouldn't want to frequent. ----They are plain, discrete and direct.  First, the Hospital,  second,  the Police station and third, the Court. But, unfortunately I had one such ghostly moment in my past that took me to all those feared places of my life.

First to the Hospital. It dates back in 2008 when Kinley was due to give birth to Sonam. She underwent  an immense labour pain near the pediatric ward of JDWNRH. Many hours into her labour pain, we finally managed to get one bed in the ward. As a young man, stepping to become a father was a incredible feeling. It brought me joys and fears weighted in equal proportion. But Kinley's prolonged labour pain made me fell nervous and helpless. Towards midnight, her pain augmented. I could sense my pulse soar and face redden.  I felt utter helplessness being next to her. With her parents and one of my sister around, we were at least better than some of the patients who were left alone on their own. Sensing something frantic, a nurse showed up and finally told us to move her to the labour room.

We were busy lifting and moving Kinley to the labour room and in the middle, a lady showed up. --The same lady I had seen the whole day, scolding helpless patients and maids.-- She looked more like a sweeper but sounded worse than Hitler. She took no regard for the pains and anxiety we were under and in her most wicked and cruelest tone, she said that one sick person cannot have more than one maid. As such her point stood very valid but delivery case was altogether a different issue. My father-in-law and  I requested her to show us some compassion which she was not keen at. In between many things happened. The lady kept on scolding at us but we had no or little time to listen to her. We finally reached Kinley in the safety of labour room and following which I came back to get some cloths for her and the (expected) new born.

I intended to beg pardon for all the inconvenience caused and wanted to apologize the lady, but to my shocking revelation, I found the lady charged with anger was cursing me and my family. It was not a good omen. Charged and tensed, I was, I told her to shut up and pushed her from my way. No sooner did I touch her, then she fell off on the floor and shouted on top of her voice. She accused me of having battered her. The entire hospital went numb and there was silence all over. Nurses  on duty were unusually quite and wouldn't speak a word to me. But in between the lady started calling the Police. 

To be continued.................

No comments:

Post a Comment

I write on these topics

105th National Day (2) 2012 (2) 2013 (1) 2014 (1) Academic (5) ACC (1) Accident (3) ADB (1) Ahmedabad Experience (15) Alto (1) American President (1) Animal Well-being (2) Animals (4) Anonymous (1) Archery (1) Architecture (2) Arrogant (1) Art (5) Asset (1) audicity of opinion (1) Autowalla (2) awards (1) baby sitting (1) BAFRA (1) Ban (1) Bank of Bhutan (2) Belief (1) Bhutan (61) Bhutan Airlines (2) Bhutanomics (1) Biggest Democracy (1) Birthday (7) Birthday Wishes for my King (4) Birthday. (1) Blessed rainy day (1) Blog (2) Blog Award (1) Blog Award. Bhutan (1) Bloggers (3) Bolg Award (1) Bonzai (1) Book (11) Boudha temple (1) Buddhism (19) Buffalo (1) Car (2) Changkor (1) Chetan Bhagat (1) Chief Election Commissioner of Bhutan (1) Child development (1) China (6) Choku (2) Chukha-Damche Bypass (1) CITES (2) Civil Servants (2) CNN (1) cold (2) College (1) Comment (1) common sense (1) Community (1) Conservation (1) Constitution of the Kingdom of Bhutan (2) contemplation (1) Cordycepts (2) corporal Punishment (1) Court case (8) cricket (1) Cricket World cup (1) crime (3) Culture (14) culture properties. (3) Customs (10) DANTAK (1) Dasho Kunzang Wangdi (1) Dasho Shingkhar Lam (1) Dawa Gyeltshen (1) DCT (1) DDC (1) Dechen Wangmo (1) Democracy (4) Department of Revenue and Customs (6) Depression (1) Development (2) Dictator (1) Diplomatic Relationship (1) Disaster (1) Diwali (4) DNT (1) Doctors (1) dog (1) Doomsday 2012 (1) DPT (1) Dr. Karma Phuntsho (1) Dr. Richard Teo (1) DRC (4) Dream (2) Drugs (1) Dungsey Rimpoche (1) Dylan Thomas (1) Dzongkha Song (5) Earth hour (1) East (1) Ecology (1) Economics (14) Economist (1) Economy (1) Education (10) Election (5) Election 2013 (3) Election Commission of Bhutan (1) End of the world (1) Enforcement (3) Eric Weiner (1) Essay Games and Sports (1) Exams (9) Eyelid Twitching (1) Eyes (1) Facebook (3) Family (6) Farewell (1) FIFA (1) Fire disaster (2) Flowers (5) Flu (1) Folk tale (1) Food (2) Football (3) Foreign Policy (1) Fourth King (4) Freedom (3) Freedom at midnight (1) friend (1) Friendship (2) Fun (1) fundamental right (1) Games (2) Gandinagar (1) Gangnam Style (1) global warming (1) GNH (6) Golf Course in Shingkhar (4) Government (2) Great Britain (1) Guest Post (1) Guest Post. Extra Marital Affairs. (1) Gujarat (32) Gujarat University (9) Guns in Bhutan (1) Guru Rimpoche (1) H. L. V. Derozio's (1) H.H Dalai Lama (1) Happiness (13) Happy new year (5) High land (1) His Majesty (4) History (4) Hobby (1) Hollywood (1) Home (6) Humbleness (1) humility (1) Humming bird (1) humor (2) I am Malala (1) I too had a love story (1) Iceland (1) Icon Shoe (1) IELTS (1) India (29) Indian Politics (1) Indo-Bhutan Friendship (1) Infatuation (1) Information (1) Inspiration (2) International Happiness day (1) International Health Regulation (1) International Poetry day (1) International water day (1) International Women's day (1) interview (2) Jangsa Animal Saving Trust (2) Japan (5) Jaswant Singh (1) JDWNR Hospital (8) job (1) John Keats (1) jokes (2) Joseon Dynasty (1) Justice (1) Kankaria lake (1) Katmandu (2) Kings of Bhutan (2) Kongfu Panda (2) Kuensel (3) Lal Darwaza (1) laughter (2) Law (4) Lemjakha (2) lessons (1) letter to MP (2) Letter. (1) Life (4) Loan (1) Local Healers (3) Lomba (1) Longchen Rabjam (9) Losar (2) love (6) Lunar Eclipse (2) Lyonpo Ugyen Tshering (1) Malaysia (5) Married to Bhutan (1) Mathematics (1) merry X-mas. (2) MH370 (1) middle class people (1) middle class people. My life (1) Ministry of Finance. Paro Airport (1) Minzuk Lhamo (2) Misfortune (2) MoE (1) MoF (1) Moldova (1) Money Plant (1) Monk hood (1) Monks (1) morales (2) Mother's Day (2) Movie (5) MPs (1) Music (3) my ATM card. (1) my blog (2) My Boss (4) my camera (1) my country (1) My daughters (14) My family (7) My father (9) My Friend (2) My job (5) My King (2) My King and Queen (4) My Life (76) My mother (4) My passport (1) My Phone (1) My Promises (1) My sister (3) My Son (1) my sun glass (1) My Teachers (2) My Wife (4) Narendra Modi (2) NASA (1) National anthem (1) National Assembly (1) National Day (1) NDTV (1) Nelson mandela (1) Nepal (4) Nissam Ezekil (1) Nomads (1) Norbu the Cat (1) Oldest Democracy (1) Our Queen (1) Palace (1) Parliament (1) Paro (3) Paro Airport (7) Passu (2) Pay Revision (4) PDP (1) Pedestrian day (1) People (3) Photography (34) Poetry (12) Police (2) Politics (6) Pollution (1) Prado (1) Prediction (1) Primary round (1) Prime Minister of Bhutan (2) Prime Minister of India (1) Private Sector (1) Prostitution (1) psychology (2) Punakha (2) Punishment (1) Qatar (1) Queen of Bhutan (1) Quota (1) RAA (1) Rabindranath Tagore (1) Rabney (2) Rajnikant (1) Random Thoughts (30) RCSC (2) reflection (1) Refugee Problem (1) Religion (4) Republic day of India (1) Research (2) Result (5) Retention wall (1) RILO AP (2) Road (1) Road Development (1) Road safety (1) Robert Frost (1) ROCB (1) Royal Wedding (4) RRCO. Paro (2) Rule of Law (1) Rumors (1) Rupee Crunch (2) scholarships (3) School (1) Security (2) Seminar (3) Seoul (3) shapes (2) Sherubtse (3) Shingkhar (34) Sikkim (1) SIM card (1) Singapore (1) Smile (1) Snowfall (1) social forestry day (1) Social Media (3) social problems (1) South Korea (8) Sperm Donation (1) Stipend (1) story (2) Study (2) Suhas Gopinath (1) Superstition (1) Switzerland (1) Talent (2) Tashi Group of Companies (1) Teachers (5) Teachers's Day (1) Team work (1) Thai Customs (3) Thailand (2) Thank you (2) Thank you note (1) The Nederlands (1) Thimphu (2) Thuksey Rimpoche (1) Tibet (3) tobacco (1) Tobacco Control Act (3) TOEFL (1) Trade (1) Traditions (4) Training (11) Travel (15) Tsechu (1) Tulip (1) Ugyen Pandy (2) Uniform (1) Ura (2) USA (1) vacation (1) Walk (1) Wangdi Dzong (2) WCO (4) Wedding (1) Welfare Contribution (1) WHO (1) wild life (1) wildlife (3) William Wordsworth (1) Wisdom (2) Women (2) Woochu (1) World CUP (1) Writer (1) Writing (1) Yak (11) Yeshhey (1) Youths (3) Zhabdrung (1) Zoo (1)